MASON-INTEREST-L Archives

June 2012

From:
John McManus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Jun 2012 12:12:58 -0400
I teach courses using Mason and Eclipse to students using a verity of
computers and operating systems. This year, we all had this problem. Some
fixed it with auto-installs of Java3D. Others had to import Java3D jars.
Some had to do both. One student imported a missing file directly into her
Java installation. I suggest trying the auto-install and, if necessary,
well -- they add to our capabilities).

The JMF bugs with the media classes will remain, however. JMF auto-installs
in some systems but not others. You can use the jar approach for this.
However, Mason now has a pop-up note that a bug in JMF prevents easy
creation of QuickTime files. I suggest ignoring those errors and use
something like  the free CamStudio for making films, though I have not
tested this.

These are all very minor issues given the superb advantages provided by
Mason.

Cheers!

John McManus