ECJ-INTEREST-L Archives

February 2008

From:
Christopher Vo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Feb 2008 14:05:51 -0500
To utilize the "prob" parameter, you might want to take a look at using
a MultiBreedingPipeline. It is a BreedingPipeline that stores n child
sources and when it needs to produce an individual, it picks one of the
sources at random to do the production.

The domain -5.12 to 5.12 contains the ideal value for most of the
ECSuite problems, but you may want to adjust the domain mostly to get an
understanding of the properties of your genetic algorithm. For example,
Griewangk's function from very far away (-600,600) looks almost like
sphere, but when you zoom in to perhaps (-50,50) you can see the small
peaks and valleys.

Step and quartic are from De Jong's test suite.
Booth is from (Schwefel, 1995),
In literature, the values used might be:
- step: [-5.12, 5.12],
- noisy quartic: [-1.28, 1.28], (optimum is at f(0,...,0) = 0)
- booth: [-10,10], (defined for 2 terms only, optimum is at f(1,3)=0)

-- Chris Vo