ECJ-INTEREST-L Archives

January 2006

Sender:
Date:
Sun, 29 Jan 2006 02:22:28 -0500
From:
Liviu Panait <[log in to unmask]>
To: ECJ Evolutionary Computation Toolkit <[log in to unmask]>
Istvan,

evalthreads does not have any impact on the new master-slave
evaluator.  We support it in the new master-slave just for
compatibility with the other evaluators.  If I were to use the
system, I'd set evalthreads=1

As evaluators may come online and crash at any point in time, their
random seeds are usually set as N+K, where N is a fixed number, and K
is the number of slaves that have connected up to now to the master.

Best regards,

Liviu.