PHD-BIOE-L Archives

August 2018

PHD-BIOE-L@LISTSERV.GMU.EDU

From:
Sharon Richards <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sharon Richards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Aug 2018 16:06:36 +0000
Hi All,

Below is the latest list of the Fall 2018 Bioengineering Seminar Series - Date, locations, Speakers, Topics/Titles and other relevant information.  We will keep you posted on any changes (awaiting Title from Paola Pergami, Ph.D.).  Mark your calendar.    Please let me know if I missing anyone on this notification.

Thank you,

Sharon Richards
Interim Academic Program Assistant
Department of Bioengineering
3100 Peterson Family Health Services Hall
703-993-5846
________________________________

Date

Location

Presenter

Institute/Department/Position

Topic/Title

9/6/2018

Research Hall, Room 163

Lance Liotta, Ph.D.

Co-Director/Professor, Center Proteomics & Molecular
Medicine, George Mason University, Applied Proteomics and Molecular Medicine, Institute Advance Biomedical Research

Novel Affinity Chemistries Coupled with Nanotechnology: Application to Personalized Medicine

9/13/2018

Student Union I, Room 3B

Avrama (Kim) Blackwell, Ph.D.

Professor, Dept. of Bioengineering
George Mason University

How Do Striatal Neurons Learn and Store Memories?

9/27/2018

Research Hall, Room 163

Remi Veneziano, Ph.D.

Faculty, Dept. of Bioengineering
George Mason University

Investigating the Role of HIV Antigen Nanoscale Spatial Organization on    B-cell Activation

10/4/2018

Research Hall, Room 163

Kathleen Cullen, Ph.D.

Professor, Biomedical Engineering & Dept. of
Neuroscience, John Hopkins University,
Baltimore, MD

Neural Representations of Natural Self-Motion:  Implications for Perception & Action

10/11/2018

Student Union I, Room 3B

Alan Moghissi, Ph.D.

President, Institute for Regulatory Science (RSI),
Alexandria, VA
and Adjunct - Georgetown University

Introduction to Regulatory Bioengineering

10/18/2018

Student Union I, Room 3B

Ethan Cohen, Ph.D.

Division of Biomedical Physics, Office of Science and Engineering Labs, FDA Center for Devices and Radiological Health, Rockville, MD

Development of a Microscope for Simultaneous Optical Coherence Tomography and Confocal Imaging for Use in Neurotoxicology

10/25/2018

Research Hall, Room 163

Steve Hoang, Ph.D.

Head of Computational Biology, HemoShear Therapeutics,  Charlottesville, VA

Merging In Vitro Human Tissue Models with Computational Systems Biology

11/1/2018

Research Hall, Room 163

Andreas Linninger, Ph.D.

Professor, Dept. of Bioengineering University of Illinois at Chicago, IL

Cerebral Blood Flow and Solute Transport in the Central Nervous System

11/8/2018

Research Hall, Room 163

Milan Yager

Executive Director, American Institute for Medical & Biological  Engineering (AIMBE), Washington, DC

Falling Out of Love with Science

11/15/2018

Student Union I, Room 3B

Andreas Tolias, Ph.D.

Professor, Dept. of Neuroscience
Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX

The Fabric of the Neocortex

11/29/2018

Research Hall, Room 163

Paola Pergami, Ph.D.

Pediatric Neurologist at MedStar, Georgetown University Hospital and  Associate Professor, Georgetown University , Washington, DC

TBD

12/6/2018

Research Hall, Room 163

Tatiana Segura, Ph.D.

Professor, Biomedical Engineering, Duke
University, Durham, NC

Repairing the Brain After Stroke Using Materials