MASON-INTEREST-L Archives

February 2010

From:
Miles Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Feb 2010 11:49:17 -0800
I haven't seen these in my own non-MASON API code using SWT. (That's not intended as a snarky comment, just an extra data point. :D). But I don't actually think it's AWT because I just ran some (pretty simple) Ascape code to see and I asn't seeing this either. Are these particularly large models? When you say 2D I assume you mean that there aren't any 3@ libs involved.. I'm using latest VM under Snow Leopard running under pure 64 bit mode. Two thoughts that probably have already occurred to you..

1. This sounds like classic GC hyperactivity. Have you taken a look with YourKit and/or futzed with heap and permgen? If you tweak the gc you should at least be able to see if the policy affects the behavior. Do you have a lot of weak references or anything like that?
2. I've forgotten what the other one was.. :) Oh yeah, 3D libs but again it doesn't sound like you're using those.

Miles