MASON-INTEREST-L Archives

June 2015

From:
John McManus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Jun 2015 17:16:13 -0400
Our experience in my course this year was interesting. I am a PC user, but
many of the students had Mac laptops. We spent an enormous amount of time
trying various website tricks to get Java 3D to work. A couple of Macs got
it right just from the jars. Others did not. What worked for some did not
work for others, even with the same latest OS. I finally had to omit 3D from
the course. The online blogs also indicate variable results. I hope it is
easier next Spring. Perhaps some of the experiences of the Mason user-group
will help.