MASON-INTEREST-L Archives

March 2013

Sender:
From:
Przemyslaw Szufel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Mar 2013 07:32:06 -0400
jar2exe is commercial software so you would probably need to buy a license.

For your simulation executable you could also consider Launch4j:
http://launch4j.sourceforge.net/
It is free and Open Source and works great - I have used it in several
production environments.
It has also all the features you might ever need in a professional
application, yet is very easy to use.

The most convenient deployment scenario is to keep your own code in a jar
that will be used to generate an executable while keeping all dependencies
such as the MASON library in a separate sub-folder e.g. ./lib. It makes
managing dependencies for your deployed project much easier. In the proposed
deployment scenario all you need to do is to add lib/* to the "Classpath"
tab in launch4j GUI.

Best regards,
Przemyslaw Szufel

On Mon, 25 Mar 2013 02:14:28 +0000, Steven Saul <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>You can also create an exe file from a jar file with this software:
>
>http://www.jar2exe.com/

on behalf of Sean Luke [[log in to unmask]]
>Sent: Sunday, March 24, 2013 10:07 PM
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Re: Creating a jarred application file
>
>Absolutely.  MASON can be jarred up with your code, no problem.  If you
want the jar file to launch your application when double-clicked on or
whatnot, you just need to specify the right entry class in your jar Manifest.