MASON-INTEREST-L Archives

October 2009

Sender:
Date:
Mon, 26 Oct 2009 19:47:29 +0100
From:
To: MASON Multiagent Simulation Toolkit <[log in to unmask]>
On Oct 26, 2009, at 5:29 PM, steven citron-pousty wrote:

> Thanks for your initial help - I got this running. The next problem
> I am running into is that since we use the doLoop to instantiate the
> class I don't have a handle to it nor can I pass in objects that I
> want to live on after the simulations are done.

doLoop is just a convenience method meant for calling things at the
command line: don't do use it then.  Instead of doLoop, you could just
do something like this:

	MyApp app = new MyApp(System.currentTimeMillis());
	app.start();
	for(int x=0 ; x < steps; x++)	// steps is whatever you want.  Or use
some other stopping metric.
		app.schedule.step(app);
	app.finish();

Seriously, that simple.  The MASON simulation loop is intentionally
simplistic.  At any rate, at the end of all this, you have the app
variable, holding your simulation.