ECJ-INTEREST-L Archives

February 2008

From:
Elena Popovici <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Feb 2008 10:37:16 -0500
Hey Johanna,

For Barbosa & Herrmann's worst-case evaluation, it would probably be
easiest to create your own fitness class (smth like WorstFitness), in
which for every call to setFitness you would do a comparison with the
current worst value and potentially update. You may or may not also
want a reset function, which you could call from your problem's
prepareToEvaluate or preprocessPopulation.

For the fancier type of evaluation you want to do, I think I would
implement a new Evaluator class and use it with SimpleFitness. In
this class you could keep your matrix, entries of which you would
fill after each call to problem.evaluate by querying the fitness(es)
of the pair of evaluated individuals. After the matrix is filled, you
can update/overwrite the fitnesses as you wish.

You could also try to use the existing
MultiPopCoevolutionaryEvaluator and do some of the above stuff in
your problem, but I think it would be more difficult and less
reusable (if you want to apply the same algorithm to a different
problem).

Hope this makes sense,
Elena