ECJ-INTEREST-L Archives

March 2007

Sender:
Date:
Wed, 21 Mar 2007 10:58:17 -0400
From:
Yes!  I in fact I was thinking of ending my previous email message
with "Alberto, I'm looking at _you_" :-)

There are a couple of other folks I've talked with who have
extensions to ECJ I'd like to see on the web page.

There are three ways we can do this:

	- Add the code to the ECJ base.  We want to keep ECJ consistent, so
the code must:
		- compile and run in Java 1.3 (at present)
		- have no external dependencies in order to compile (like Teambots
had)
		- compile to the same arrangement that ECJ has in general (no jar
file requirements, etc.)
		- conform to ECJ's, erm, unusual approach to doing things (setup,
prototypes, parameter database,
	- Add the project to the contrib directory in CVS and use it as the
project's primary repository.  You can have whatever format you'd
like there, it'd be your area.
	- Have *me* put occasional project snapshots into the contrib
section of the CVS repository and out on the main web page.

There's one more option:
	- Host the module elsewhere, but give me occasional snapshots.  I'd
put a link to your project on the website -- that's the main way
people would get your modules from the ECJ website -- but I'd also
store the snapshots here in case your link goes down.

That goes for everyone else too.  I'd love to see the contrib section
used more widely by large external ECJ modules.

Sean