MASON-INTEREST-L Archives

June 2015

From:
Date:
Fri, 19 Jun 2015 11:42:14 -0400
Github will not allow any migrated files to be larger than 100MB in size, nor will it allow the total repository to be greater than 1GB in size.  This is a problem for MASON because early revisions of geomason had very large files which cause the entire repository, including revisions, to exceed both of these restrictions.

This means that, realistically, the only easy way to migrate MASON to Github is to check it out, remove all the .svn files, then import it directly into Github.  The alternative would be to use various filter tools to remove all the past history of certain files, which is nontrivial.

If we did this we would loose past SVN repository history for MASON.  This doesn't bother me that much -- I've got lots of past snapshots -- but it could affect geomason and the "contrib/app" repository.  So before we did this:

1. I will put out a new tarball of MASON (and ECJ).

2. I ask Mark Coletti to put out a new tarball of geomason.

3. I ask Joerg Hoehne to do whatever he thinks needs to be done to his various app directories in preparation for this.  Also, Joerg, it appears that your code appears twice, once in /contrib/app/ and once in /contrib/app/de.  Which one do you want to keep?

4. I will handle the jung, physics2d, and socialnets repositories.