MASON-INTEREST-L Archives

June 2015

From:
Date:
Mon, 15 Jun 2015 15:59:50 -0400
MASON actually has a MutableDouble.

	java/mason/sim/util/MutableDouble.java

You could use that.  Also, don't use for(Object object : objects) -- it translates to building an Iterator, and at least as of Java 7 Iterators are still quite slow.

I'd do this:

       final public void SparseGrid2DMultiply(SparseGrid2D theGrid, double multiplier) {
               Bag objects = theGrid.getAllObjects();
		int len = objects.size();
		for(int i = 0; i < len; i++)
			{
			MutableDouble d = (MutableDouble)(objects.get(i));
			d.val *= multiplier;
			}
		}