MASON-INTEREST-L Archives

March 2011

From:
Date:
Wed, 2 Mar 2011 11:43:19 -0500
On Mar 2, 2011, at 11:32 AM, Samuel W. Brett (SWB) wrote:

> Okay, here are the problems I am having. scheduleImmediateRepast
> method
> is deprecated in my version of Mason. Frame.show() is deprecated as
> well, not sure that matters as I guess the pack method takes care of
> that now.

Ah right.  Don't worry about that. These methods will still work but
you're right, they might go away.  Instead, use
scheduleRepeatingImmediatelyAfter(new Steppable() { ... });  and
Frame.setVisible(true);

pack() does not set a frame to visible to my knowledge.

> The chart never gets initialized in my init method for some
> reason. When the start method is called, chart is null.

In the version of the code I sent you as well?  That would be most
unusual -- it works fine here.

Look carefully at the difference between your code and the one I
provided, particularly the init() and start() methods.  Since mine is
working, there's got to be some important difference.

Also, just for debugging consistency, make sure you're using the
version of JFreeChart that's provided in the libraries.zip file on the
MASON website.