MASON-INTEREST-L Archives

July 2010

Sender:
From:
Sean Luke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Jul 2010 15:59:09 -0400
[so not as to spam the entire list, please reply to ME DIRECTLY:  [log in to unmask]
  ]

I am preparing a grant proposal for continuing funding of MASON.  The
proposal this year is actually for a small invited workshop to gather
ideas about how we should extend MASON in the coming several years [we
already have some ideas of our own but of course very much want to
solicit involvement of the community].

1. As part of the proposal, I need some good examples of people from
the community who have used MASON in novel ways or areas, OUTSIDE of
GMU.  We're looking for examples big and small.  Of particular
interest are:

	- examples in interesting and unexpected areas
	- undergraduate or high school classes using MASON
	- examples which have pushed MASON to its limits
	- dissertations or theses which have used MASON
	- publications!!!	[citations please]
	- Screenshots
	- Extensions to MASON

You name it.  If you've done something in MASON, send us a few
citations -- BibTeX would be wonderful but not necessary -- and
ideally a screenshot or two (if you can, use the "Save as PDF" option,
not "Save as PNG", but we're not picky).

2. I would appreciate some quotes regarding MASON and your opinion of
it.  Where does it fit in the pantheon of multiagent simulation
toolkits?  How have you found its features and support?  Etc.

Thanks in advance for anything you can provide: and note that I need
this fairly quickly.  Please help!