MASON-INTEREST-L Archives

July 2010

Sender:
Date:
Thu, 22 Jul 2010 00:07:42 -0400
From:
Okay, here's what I've done.  I've modified the Console and SimState
code so that if you hard-code a seed in your GUIState constructor,
it'll appear in the Console that way when you fire up the simulation.
This way you can visualize your model under the same seed as when you
run it from the command line.  Let's say you want to visualize the
Flockers model using the seed "16".  You can change the FlockersWithUI
constructor from

     public FlockersWithUI()
         {
         super(new Flockers(System.currentTimeMillis()));
         }

     public FlockersWithUI()
         {
         super(new Flockers(16));
         }

... and it should run under the Console seeded with 16.

I've just done the commits for it.  Joerg, try them out and tell me if
it works for you.  This SHOULD be invisible to everyone else.

Sean