MASON-INTEREST-L Archives

March 2009

From:
Martin Pokropp <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Mar 2009 23:24:06 +0100
Hi all,

I'm posting to the mailing list because I'm experiencing strange
problems with displaying my network in the graphical Mason interface:

- I created a network with 100 nodes (called points) with a certain
linking capacity for each of the points.

- following the tutorials and model examples in my setuoPortrayal
method in *WithUI.java I put:
Networkmodel tut = (Networkmodel) state;
         edgePortrayal.setField( new SpatialNetwork2D
( tut.pointsfield, tut.network ) );
         SimpleEdgePortrayal2D p = new SimpleEdgePortrayal2D
(Color.BLUE,Color.BLUE,null);
         p.setShape(SimpleEdgePortrayal2D.SHAPE_LINE);
         p.setShape(SimpleEdgePortrayal2D.ALWAYS_SCALE);
         edgePortrayal.setPortrayalForAll(p);

         nodePortrayal.setField( tut.pointsfield );

         display.reset();
         display.setBackdrop(Color.white);

         display.repaint();

- so far everything was fine and the network was shown in the display.

- I then implemented a java class called NetworkGroups.java in order
to find all maximum cliques of my network. Out of my model class it
is called NetworkGroups.getNetworkCliques(network);
As far as I can see the code works well and the cliques are found.
For each clique identified an Object of the class NetworkClique is
created.

- The problem is that with calling the clique identification method
the edges of my network are no longer displayed (the points are).
This is strange to me because my code does not change anything with
my edges!

Do you have any ideas what went wrong?

Thanks Martin