MASON-INTEREST-L Archives

November 2008

Sender:
Date:
Wed, 12 Nov 2008 18:16:14 -0500
From:
To: MASON Multiagent Simulation Toolkit <[log in to unmask]>
We don't have any public ones, sorry.

But it's easy!  When Problem.evaluate() is called in ECJ, create a new
MASON simulation, put in an individual who knows where the GP tree is
and can call eval on it, add some special functions in your Problem
subclass that your various GP nodes know how to call, and have those
functions manipulate the agents in the simulation.  Manually step the
simulation a few times like this:

	simulation.start();
	for a few times
		simulation.schedule.step(simulation)
	simulation.finish();

Then set the fitness of the individual based on results from the simulation.

Sean