MASON-INTEREST-L Archives

August 2007

Sender:
Date:
Thu, 9 Aug 2007 22:26:21 -0400
From:
To: MASON Multiagent Simulation Toolkit <[log in to unmask]>
I have given Maciej a revised version of Schedule which allows any
arbitrary thread to query the current time() and getSteps() [read-
only methods] but not write to the Schedule.  This satisfies Maciej
for the moment, but it's slightly less efficient (up to two extra
synchronizations per schedule step) which makes me Unhappy.

I could go three ways here: (1) keep the Schedule as-is, (2) include
the revised methods, which are helpful for parallel people but less
efficient, or (3) push forward and make it possible to schedule stuff
on the Schedule even if you don't have a lock on it.  That'd be a bit
less efficient still, but it might be worth it in terms of
helpfulness to parallel folks.

Sean