ECJ-INTEREST-L Archives

March 2007

Sender:
Date:
Wed, 21 Mar 2007 12:04:35 +0100
From:
Alberto Cuesta <[log in to unmask]>
Hello all,

why ec.Evolve setups some parameters of the EvolutionState?, namely:

        evolutionState.parameters
        evolutionState.output
        evolutionState.evalthreads
        evolutionState.breedthreads
        evolutionState.random
        evolutionState.randomSeedOffset

can't this be included in the setup() method from the EvolutionState?

The importance of this is that I'm encapsulating ECJ inside mobile
agents, transforming ec.Evolve into an agent. At first when I had only
one class of agents it was easy to manage the initialization, but as the
development grows I don't feel that this initialization of the
EvolutionState should belong to here.

Alberto