ECJ-INTEREST-L Archives

January 2005

From:
Elena Popovici <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Jan 2005 16:04:49 -0800
        Hello to the ECJ crowd!

        I am trying to implement a version of 2 populations co-evolution where
during one generation only one population goes through evaluation and
breeding (e.g. have one pop run for 10 generation while keeping the
other one frozen, then vice versa and so on). I've updated my custom
evaluator to evaluate only one population per generation.
        Do I need to write my own custom breeder to have only one of the
populations breeding in each generation or is there some other simpler
way to hack this?

        Elena