ECJ-INTEREST-L Archives

January 2005

From:
Date:
Sat, 1 Jan 2005 00:08:09 -0500
Happy New Year!  Yes, it should be breed.elite.0=2  The tutorial had
not been updated to reflect a change we had made in a recent revision
of the system.  You can double-check to see that this parameter is
being used with -p print-params=true

If you're having the _best_ standardized fitness of the generation
increasing occasionally despite elitism, yes, this would imply a bug.
There have been bugs in the elitism before, so I'd be interested if you
can provide a stripped-down version for us to stare out.  Also if you
can get the problem to occur on a unix box it'd be helpful.

Sean