PHD-SEOR-L Archives

July 2020

PHD-SEOR-L@LISTSERV.GMU.EDU

Date:
Tue, 7 Jul 2020 20:12:18 +0000
From:
John Friedrich Shortle <[log in to unmask]>
Sender:
phd-seor-l <[log in to unmask]>
This e-mail only applies to international students...

Dear International Students:

As you probably know, ICE announced yesterday that international students who are here on a student F-1 visa will not be allowed to stay in the U.S. if their fall classes are entirely online. https://www.ice.gov/news/releases/sevp-modifies-temporary-exemptions-nonimmigrant-students-taking-online-courses-during

If you take at least one course in person, then you would be allowed to stay, based on this ruling. Our department is working to identify classes that can be delivered in an in-person format. While there is always uncertainty, please be assured that we understand your situation and we are working to identify solutions. For the moment, please hold tight for the next week or two, an updated class schedule should be available around July 17.

Please remain registered in the courses you want to take in the fall, so the department has an accurate picture for the demand for classes in the fall.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to our department at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

John Shortle

Professor & Chair
Systems Engineering & Operations Research