PHD-CEIE-L Archives

September 2011

PHD-CEIE-L@LISTSERV.GMU.EDU

Date:
Wed, 28 Sep 2011 14:11:09 -0400
*Resume Clincs*

Is your resume ready to be given to employers at the Job & Internship
Fair October 5 and 6?

Find out by visiting one of our *Resume Clinics* with your resume in
hand for a 15-minute critique.

*Employer Clinic:*                     Mon, October 3                11
a.m. -- 5 p.m.          JC, Room 116*
Career Counselor Clinic: *     Tue, October 4                 3 -- 7
p.m.                    JC Room 116
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Job & Internship Fair
**/Taking the classroom into the workplace/*

*Wednesday, October 5
Thursday, October 6*
11 a.m. -- 4 p.m.
JC, Dewberry Hall

Help your students gain hands-on experience by obtaining internships and
jobs at the upcoming fair. How can you help? Encourage preparation!
Share these 4 Steps to Job Fair Success:

1.      *Research *8 to 10 employers

2.      Craft your* personal pitch *

3.      Prepare & print copies of your* resume *

4.      *Dress professionally *

For more job fair info and preparation tips, visit
careers.gmu.edu/jobfair <http://careers.gmu.edu/jobfair>.

Please join us with your class professionally dressed.
*
Partial list of specific employers looking for VSE majors
_Day 1
_*Adaptive Methods Corporation
Aerospace Corporation
Association of American Medical Colleges
CompSec
CSC
General Dynamics
Harris Corporation
Innovation Defense Technologies, LLC
MITRE
Dewberry
BIT Systems
CGI
SRA

_*Day 2
*_Vovant Solutions
Naval Research Lab
Raytheon
SysMind, LLC
Tecore Networks
US Secret Service
Lockheed Martin
Cvent, Inc.
Northrop Grumman

--
Charlotte Strauss, MEd, NCC
Career Counselor

Please note that e-mail is not a confidential form of communication. If you are receiving this message in error, please let me know. If you are seeking career counseling services, please contact our office at (703) 993-2370. Thank you.

Although University Career Services reviews advertised positions, we cannot guarantee that every advertised position is legitimate or appropriate for you.  You are responsible to determine whether a potential job matches your skills and interests, and if a potential job is legitimate.