PHD-CEIE-L Archives

September 2016

PHD-CEIE-L@LISTSERV.GMU.EDU

Sender:
phd-ceie-l <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Sep 2016 20:20:26 +0000
From:
GMU-CEIE Department <[log in to unmask]>
Hello colleagues,

I hope the year has gotten off to a great start! I am writing to ask for your help with promoting Gradstravaganza, our annual campus-wide welcome event for new and returning graduate students, scheduled for this Friday, Sept. 9. I've attached the flier and included an announcement below. I would appreciate your assistance with sharing this information with your students.

Please let me know if you have any questions. Thank you!

Best,
Julie

Gradstravaganza: Graduate Student Welcome
Friday, September 9, 2016
3:30-5:00pm: Mini-Workshops in the Johnson Center 3rd Floor Meeting Rooms
5:30-7:30pm: Picnic at The Hub (Lawn, Patio, Corner Pocket, and indoors)

All new and continuing Mason graduate students are invited to Gradstravaganza, Mason's annual graduate student welcome event! Join fellow Mason grad students for FREE food, mini-workshops highlighting strategies for success in graduate school, connections with campus resources, door prizes, and giveaways, including special Mason Grad Student t-shirts! Also featuring balloon artists, caricaturists, Rita's Italian ice, and lawn games. Families are welcome! Remember to bring your Mason student ID with you! Brought to you by Graduate Student Life, Student Involvement, the Office of the Provost, the Graduate and Professional Student Association (GAPSA), and the Journal for Mason Graduate Research.

Featuring Mini-Workshops for Graduate Student Success
We are offering an array of mini-workshop sessions aimed at promoting your success in your graduate program. All mini-workshops will be held in the Johnson Center on the third floor. Topics include Building an Effective Relationship with your Mentor/Advisor, Managing Limited Time and Multiple Demands, Fellowships and Funding Opportunities, Advice for TAs, and more. Graduate students who participate in the mini-workshops will have the opportunity to receive their T-shirts at the end of the third session and receive a wristband for expedited entry to the picnic! For a full list of mini-workshop topics, visit http://gradlife.gmu.edu/gradstravaganza/.

For more information about Gradstravaganza, including full details about the agenda, menu, and more, visit http://gradlife.gmu.edu/gradstravaganza/.

Julie Choe Kim
Director of Graduate Student Life
George Mason University