MS-STAT-L Archives

March 2016

MS-STAT-L@LISTSERV.GMU.EDU

Sender:
MS-STAT-L <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Mar 2016 20:50:41 +0000
From:
Linda J Davis <[log in to unmask]>
To: Statistics GTAs <[log in to unmask]>

FYI: The deadline is 3/31

Dr. Davis

________________________________
From: Connor Brassil <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Tuesday, March 1, 2016 1:15 PM
To: Elizabeth Johnson
Subject: Former Student - Internships at Company

Hi Professor Johnson,

I was a student of your in 2014-2015 in STAT 250 / 350 / 412. I wanted to write quickly about some summer internship positions at my company that may be a good fit for some of your students or former students.

My company, D3 Systems, conducts survey research in developing countries and conflict zones. A description of the positions and all information needed to apply can be found on the links here: http://www.d3systems.com/working-with-d3/careers/.
[http://www.d3systems.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/BestPlacestoWork2015.jpg]<http://www.d3systems.com/working-with-d3/careers/>

Careers - D3 Systems<http://www.d3systems.com/working-with-d3/careers/>
www.d3systems.com
Careers. Join Us. Our most important assets are our employees. The D3 team consists of talented researchers invested in challenging work around the world.

The two research analyst internship positions are geared towards individuals with a foundation in statistics and research methods (akin to at least STAT 350 knowledge) and an interest in international research. Proficiency with SPSS and other statistics packages is a huge plus. The "statistics" internship is geared more towards higher levels, such as those with knowledge of mathematical statistics and probability. Knowledge of R and familiarity with computer science stands out here.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions. Otherwise, if you do know any students that would be interested, please refer them to the site and they can apply per the instructions there.

Thank you!
Connor