MS-STAT-L Archives

May 2015

MS-STAT-L@LISTSERV.GMU.EDU

From:
Linda J Davis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Linda J Davis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 May 2015 19:57:11 +0000
FYI

Dr. Davis

From: Russek-Cohen, Estelle <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Friday, May 1, 2015 3:12 PM
Subject: summer funding

We just received funding for a summer orise fellow at FDA to help us with a simulation project. We are looking for someone with at least 1-2 years of graduate school and good computational skills and some decent understanding of probability. The project was motivated by the ebola crisis and the fact that products in development for such a disease are in very limited supply so we are experimenting with bayesian adaptive trials that look at multiple products simultaneously (we call them platform trials).

The paperwork would go faster if the person had a green card or US citizenship but we will look at others, depending on the kind of visa they have.

FDA has a pretty extensive summer internship program for ORISE and many find it a very nice feature to put in a CV when job hunting. We only received funding in the last week.

Anyhow, if you know of any viable candidates, please contact Dionne Price or myself.

Estelle Russek-Cohen

Estelle Russek-Cohen
Director, Division of Biostatistics
Office of Biostatistics and Epidemiology
Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research
U.S. Food and Drug Administration
10903 New Hampshire Ave
Bldg 71 Room 1228
Silver Spring MD 20993