MS-STAT-L Archives

March 2017

MS-STAT-L@LISTSERV.GMU.EDU

From:
Linda J Davis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Linda J Davis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Mar 2017 09:54:44 +0000
FYI.

Dr. Davis
From: Mah, Jean <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Tuesday, March 7, 2017 4:04 PM
To: Linda J Davis
Subject: Summer Internships at the US Consumer Product Safety Commission: apply by March 13

Dear Professor Davis,
I hope you will help me spread the word about summer student employment opportunities at the US Consumer Product Safety Commission. Please encourage your students to apply for an internship position in the Statistical Support Branch of Data Systems within the CPSC’s Directorate of Epidemiology.

We are chiefly responsible for maintaining the sample and data quality of the National Electronic Injury Surveillance System (NEISS), which is a stratified sample of hospital emergency departments across the country that report product-related injuries. As a result, the CPSC is able to produce national injury estimates associated with products and hazard scenarios in order to educate the public and inform voluntary and mandatory product safety standards.

SAS programming experience is a plus, along with any experience with survey instrument packages.  To be considered, students will need to be math or statistics majors. To apply for the Stat Branch position, students should follow the link to “Positions located in Bethesda” and within the application questions select statistics/mathematics (job series 1599).

We are looking for students to join the CPSC Team for the Summer.

The announcements under the Summer Internship Program are now open on USAJobs.  Current college students (Fall 2017) may apply for the appropriate announcement that best fits their major field of study.

·         Positions located in Bethesda (Business Administration or Management, Statistics/Mathematics, Information/Communications, Accounting, Compliance and Human Resources): https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/465318800/

·         Positions located in Rockville (Engineering, Biological Sciences, Physical Sciences, and Social Science): https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/465318900/

The announcements will close at midnight (Eastern Time) on March 13, 2017.

Sincerely,

Jean C. Mah
Branch Chief, Statistical Support
Division of Hazard and Injury Systems, Directorate for Epidemiology
US Consumer Product Safety Commission
[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> / (301) 504-7659

*****!!! Unless otherwise stated, any views or opinions expressed in this e-mail (and any attachments) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission. Copies of product recall and product safety information can be sent to you automatically via Internet e-mail, as they are released by CPSC. To subscribe or unsubscribe to this service go to the following web page: http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Newsroom/Subscribe *****!!!   ­­