MS-DAEN-L Archives

March 2017

MS-DAEN-L@LISTSERV.GMU.EDU

Sender:
MS-DAEN-L <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Robert Osgood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Mar 2017 20:13:51 +0000
The DAEN society will be hosting its first General Body Meeting and Mid-Term Social on Saturday, March 25th at 12:00pm-2:00 p.m. at the Fairfax campus of GMU, Planetary Hall room 126. In addition to food, relaxation, and catching up with fellow members and friends of the DAEN Society, we will be accepting nominations toward the 15 April elections of our next executive board administration.  We will also discuss our new initiatives to address the issues raised at the Spring Networking Event as well as open the floor to presentations by members (e.g., projects and proposals for projects, ideas for improving DAEN Society or the DAEN program, etc.)

We encourage those interested in positions of leadership to either nominate themselves or any other interested DAEN society member for the Fall 2017-Spring 2018 semesters! We will be accepting formal nominations which can be sent via email to: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>, as well as open floor nominations on March 25th at the General Body Meeting.

The Society will be accepting nominations for the positions of President, Vice President, Treasurer, and Secreatary. Details of the duties of each of this positions will presented in another post (see below for descriptions of the leadership roles).

Take a break from studying and drop in to catch up with your DAEN friends and grab a bite to eat.  If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact Alonso Thelem at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

Please RSVP/Register to inform us of your planned attendance.  Thank you!

RSVP >> https://daensociety-gbmeeting2017.eventbrite.com

Descriptions of Leadership Roles

President:
Presides over all General Body meetings and activities of the DAEN society, while representing the organization to external and internal stakeholders by serving as the formal face of the society to the university. The President must create a vision for the growth and prosperity of the organization, while upholding the ideals, mission, and vision of the society. He/She must manage the interests of the organization while remaining fair and impartial during organizational decision-making processes. The president must provide encouragement and motivation to fellow officers and organization members.

Vice President:
Shall assume the duties of the president in his or her stead while presiding over the recruitment of new members. The VP will serve as the parliamentarian while managing and directing all constitutional affairs (amending, updating, and ratification), and preside over the election of new officers.

Treasurer:
Shall Preside over all financial matters while remaining compliant of all accounting procedures and policies stipulated by GMU Student Funding Board. The treasurer will serve as the primary signatory on all financial accounts and advise members on financial matters and obligations (dues, funding deadlines, etc.) The treasurer shall represent the organization at official financial seminars, trainings, and meetings and will maintain all financial records of the society.

Secretary:
The Secretary shall maintain an active record of all members of the society and manage the creation and distribution of all agenda and calendar items. The secretary shall manage the procurement of all facilities for organizational activities and maintain organizational records. He/she will prepare and file any necessary reports and keep the society informed of both organizational and university business.