MS-CS-L Archives

July 2015

MS-CS-L@LISTSERV.GMU.EDU

From:
Jana Kosecka <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jana Kosecka <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Jul 2015 09:41:42 -0400
Seminar Friday July 24th, 11am, Room 4201

Eduardo Montijano
Centro Universitario de la Defensa.
Academia General Militar. Ctra. de Huesca s/n. 50.090 Zaragoza. SPAIN

TITLE
Distributed Vision-based Control of Teams of Aerial Robots

ABSTRACT
In this talk I will address the problem of driving a team of quadrotors equipped with cameras to reach a desired formation in the absence of a global reference frame.
In the first part of the talk I will introduce a consensus-based distributed controller for kinematic agents that considers relative measurements, thus avoiding the need of a global frame.
The different orientations imply that the relative positions between pairs of agents are sensed differently for each of them.
Convergence to the desired configuration will be shown by comparing the system with time-varying orientations with the equivalent approach with fixed rotations, showing that their difference vanishes as time goes to infinity.
The second part of the talk will deal with the problem of computing the relative positions by means of vision sensors equipped onboard the quadrotors using structure from motion.
I will address the challenge of limited bandwidth and how the quadrotors can combine the visual information with the inertial measurement unit (IMU) to improve their estimations.
To conclude the talk, I will show the behavior of the whole system with the control and the vision put together.

Contact of the speaker:

Prof. Eduardo Montijano
Centro Universitario de la Defensa.
Academia General Militar. Ctra. de Huesca s/n. 50.090 Zaragoza. SPAIN
e-mail: [log in to unmask]
webpage: http://cud.unizar.es/montijano