MS-CS-L Archives

May 2013

MS-CS-L@LISTSERV.GMU.EDU

From:
Jyh-Ming Lien <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 May 2013 15:01:54 -0400
Hi,

I would like to bring your attention about a seminar course that I am
offering this Fall: Geometric Processing - CS 795 004

Quote from Polygon Mesh Processing: "Geometry processing, or
mesh processing is to design efficient algorithms for the
acquisition, reconstruction, analysis, manipulation,
simulation, and transmission of complex 3D models.
Applications of geometry processing algorithms already cover
a wide range of areas from multimedia, entertainment, and
classical computer-aided design, to biomedical computing,
reverse engineering, and scientific computing."

In this class, we will be reading research papers related to the
following topics

  * Mesh Smoothing, Simplification, Deformation
  * Mesh Reconstruction, Repair, Registration
  * Mesh Decomposition/Meshing
  * Mesh Boolean operations
  * Continuous collision detection
  * penetration depth estimation
  * Swept volume, offset, Minkowski sum

More information can be found here:
http://cs.gmu.edu/~jmlien/teaching/cs795-GP/

This class was last offered in Spring 2011 and the final projects
of students in the class were published in SIAM Conference on
Geometric and Physical Modeling, a top conference on Computer Aided Design.

Please let me know if you have questions.

Best,

J-M

--
Jyh-Ming Lien
Assistant Professor, George Mason University

MASC Group: http://masc.cs.gmu.edu
Homepage: http://cs.gmu.edu/~jmlien <http://cs.gmu.edu/%7Ejmlien>