MS-CPE-L Archives

September 2010

MS-CPE-L@LISTSERV.GMU.EDU

From:
Sisi Jou <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 30 Sep 2010 13:25:05 -0400
Dear Prospective Fall Graduates,

There are some changes to graduation processing that I'd like to bring to
your attention:

For Fall 2010 Conferral, the online graduation application will be turned
off on November 12th.  After that date, students will be required to
complete a paper application and request their advisor's signature.  This
process will help the Registrar's Office manage late graduation applicants.
After the deadline, the student will be required to take more responsibility
for making sure that all requirements for graduation have been met.

This week we are beginning to audit the graduate graduation applications for
Fall 2010.  Please check the following required document carefully and
submit them to me by November 12th, 2010.

1.      Seminar attendance sheet - You will need to attend total 10 seminars
before your graduation, please visit
http://ece.gmu.edu/index.php?id=seminars2009 for seminar attendance sheet.

2.      Plan of Study - you may download the form from
<http://ece.gmu.edu/pdf/PlanOfStudy.pdf>
http://ece.gmu.edu/pdf/PlanOfStudy.pdf .

3.      Scholarly Paper OR Thesis defense Presentation - You will need to
invite at least three ECE faculties to attend your presentation; one of them
has to be your advisor.  You may book a conference room for presentation
through me; after the room has been confirmed, you will also need to provide
me an electronic copy of your flyer and abstract right away, so we can post
it on ECE website.

4.      Scholarly Paper Option: Scholarly Paper approval Form - You may find
this form available online at
http://ece.gmu.edu/graduate_forms/MS_Scholarly_Paper_Approval_Sheet.pdf .
Please have the form signed by your advisor after your scholarly paper
presentation and submit it to me by the November 12th, 2010.

5.      Thesis Option: Graduate Thesis Approval Form - You may find this
form available online at
http://ece.gmu.edu/graduate_forms/ECE_Graduate_Thesis_Approval_Form.pdf .
Please have the form signed by your advisor after your scholarly paper
presentation and submit it to me by the November 12th, 2010.

6.      Scholarly Paper or Thesis - Student who is working on Scholarly
paper, please finalize your scholarly paper and submit two double sided
copies to me; Students who is working on thesis will need to submit one
double sided copies (regular copies, no need cotton paper with fancy bender)
of your thesis to me by the library deadline which is 5pm on Friday,
December 10, 2010.  This information available at University Dissertation &
Thesis Services website http://thesis.gmu.edu/ .

7.      Please make sure to update your mailing address for receiving your
diploma in patriotweb!

Best,

Sisi

Sisi Jou