MS-CPE-L Archives

April 2020

MS-CPE-L@LISTSERV.GMU.EDU

From:
Patricia M Sahs <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Patricia M Sahs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Apr 2020 17:30:27 +0000
Dear Students,

As you are well aware, one of the MS program requirements is to attend 6 ECE approved seminars during the course of your studies. Students are usually expected to come in person, stay during the time of the presentation and then have a faculty member sign off on their attendance sheet.

In these challenging times, we have had to move the seminars on WebEx to allow our students to have a chance to meet the seminar attendance requirement, especially those graduating this semester. All that we expect of our students is that if they choose to join in a talk they stay until it ends. For obvious reasons, we do not require any signature afterwords.

This morning, I received the attendance record from the April 1st seminar and noticed that some of the attendees joined in for a very short time, some as little as one minute. Needless to say that this is not acceptable and those students will not get credit for that seminar in the end.

Our goal is to see our students be successful and we will do all that we can to help them get there. We also expect our students to follow the department rules so that everyone can be treated and evaluated fairly.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Patricia

Patricia Sahs