MASON-INTEREST-L Archives

August 2010

Sender:
From:
Matthew Berryman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Aug 2010 10:11:49 +0930
Anything that doesn't work through port 80, and with a client that knows about proxies that need usernames and passwords, is a no go for me while I'm in my Uni office.

When I was investigating Git, the patch via email system would require some work to integrate cleanly with clients such as Mail.app or Outlook.

I found this comparison of git vs mercurial here:
Git vs. Mercurial: Please Relax « Important Shock<http://importantshock.wordpress.com/2008/08/07/git-vs-mercurial/>
It's a bit dated, and I can't comment on its comments on Mercurial, but its comments on Git tie with what I've seen of it.

Had a subversion vs. git discussion with a fellow developer & software project manager the other day and he prefers git for large complex bits of software, some of the discussion was in line with Sean's comments below.

Regards,
Dr Matthew Berryman
Defence and Systems Institute
Bldg. W (MLK-05)