MASON-INTEREST-L Archives

October 2006

Sender:
Date:
Tue, 10 Oct 2006 00:26:51 -0400
From:
Gabriel Catalin Balan <[log in to unmask]>
To: MASON Multiagent Simulation Toolkit <[log in to unmask]>
Hi

This is off the top of my head, but maybe you're calling start while on
the calling stack of the stop. If you call start before super.stop, the
effect of start gets cancelled by super.stop.

The way I'd do this is:

for i =1,#Runs
 	sim.start()
 	while(sim.step());
	sim.finish()

So the new start comes after the previous stop ;)

By stop I probably mean finish, or however you stop the scheduler.

Gabriel

PS this is not the official recommendation of the MASON developers on
the issue; I bet Professor Luke has something in his collection of doloops
for this very thing. This is just me trying to get you back to work asap.
:P