MASON-INTEREST-L Archives

September 2009

From:
Date:
Mon, 7 Sep 2009 09:42:45 +0200
On Sep 7, 2009, at 9:02 AM, Joerg Hoehne wrote:

> Hi Sean,
> it looks like my previous message went to the null-device. Here it
> is again in different words:
>
> 1) I've rebuilt MASON without any problems.
>
> 2) The balls3d demo works fine, the one from the website and the
> recent one from the CVS.
>
> 3) Rebuilding my code the compiler told me the method
> appearanceForColors(Color, Color, Color, Color, Color, float, float)
> changed to
> appearanceForColors(Color, Color, Color, Color, float, float).
>
> 4) Now the spheres are displayed shaded (unexpected but not a
> serious problem).
>
> 5) The the CubePortrayal3D objects stay white because the
> CubePortrayal3D is not inherited from
> PrimitivePortrayal3D and the method appearanceForColors(Color,
> Color, Color, Color, float, float)
> is not supported. Is there any reason why only BoxPortrayal3D,
> ConePortrayal3D,
> CylinderPortrayal3D, Shape3DPortrayal3D and SpherePortrayal3D are
> inherited from
> PrimitivePortrayal3D?

Good.

If you'd like unshaded spheres in general (in 3D parlance, they're
"unlit"), the default for Sphere3D should be unlit colored spheres.
They're only lit in balls3D because of the code in BallPortrayal3D
(check it out).

CubePortrayal3D's not a subclass yet because Gabriel is deciding
whether or not to get rid of it and just collapse to BoxPortrayal3D.
Gabriel?