MASON-INTEREST-L Archives

June 2015

Sender:
Date:
Tue, 9 Jun 2015 14:28:04 +0200
From:
Luís de Sousa <[log in to unmask]>
Hi K,

One of my colleagues recently installed MASON on a Mac to test some of
the tools I have been developing. This is what he did:

1. Install Java from Oracle (I recommend going with version 8)

2. Install Eclipse

3. Download the MASON jar

4. Create a new Java project in Eclipse and add the MASON jar to the build path

Like this you won't have 3D support but you'll be good to go for
everything else. Alternatively, in step 3 you may checkout the MASON
source code as a new project in your workspace and then add it to the
build path. But this might give you a bit of extra work, Eclipse does
not like the MASON source code structure very much.

Cheers,

Luís