MASON-INTEREST-L Archives

March 2011

From:
"Sanchez, Ricardo" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Mar 2011 14:17:06 -0400
Hi list,

I was wondering if anyone has tried building a simulation inside a 3D
urban environment. I've started looking at GeoMason and the CampusWorld
demo is great. However, I need a 3D environment, e.g. with building
heights and elevation data, so that I can make line of sight
calculations. For example, say I wanted to extend the CampusWorld demo
to determine cell phone coverage for each of the agents on the ground,
ignoring multipath and other E&M transmission effects. What would be the
best way to import the building and elevation data?

Thanks,

-ricardo sanchez

Ricardo Sanchez

The RAND Corporation
4570 Fifth Avenue, Suite 600
Pittsburgh, PA 15213-1516
Voice: (412) 683-2300, ext. 4206

may contain confidential information. Any unauthorized review, use,
of the original message.