MASON-INTEREST-L Archives

November 2004

From:
Rob Alexander <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Nov 2004 16:39:26 +0000
Sean Luke wrote:
> We're always interested in projects you're working on, open or closed,
> free or for pay.  And if your employer insists that modifications of
> our code must be closed, remind him that karma does exist in the
> software business.  Returning code to the community encourages others
> to do so (which he can then borrow from again).

I work for a university, but my project is funded by three different
industrial partners, all large corporations. Getting any kind of
agreement for an open-source release is likely to be difficult. I'll see
how things pan out.

yours,
rob

--
Rob Alexander                   (E-mail: [log in to unmask])
Research Associate, Dept of Computer Science, The University of York,