MASON-INTEREST-L Archives

August 2006

Sender:
Date:
Fri, 25 Aug 2006 13:25:32 -0400
From:
Gabriel Catalin Balan <[log in to unmask]>
To: MASON Multiagent Simulation Toolkit <[log in to unmask]>
As for mean happiness, all it takes is a method in HeatBugs

public double getMeanHappiness(){
//go voer all bugs and compute the avg
}

then HeatbugsWithUI will have this new metric in the model tab. Presso n
the magnifying glass button near it, and you're in business.

If you don't want to change HeatBugs, extend it:
public class MyHeatBugs extends Heatbugs
{
//offer the constructors Heatbugs was offering
//add public double getMeanHappiness()
//(assuming you hav access to HeatBug[] bugs, which is package protected
//so you should have MyHeatBugs in sim.app.heatbugs )
}

You also need a different main() function

    public static void main(String[] args)
        {
        HeatBugsWithUI heatbugs = new HeatBugsWithUI(new
MyHeatBugs(System.currentTimeMillis()));
        Console c = new Console(heatbugs);
        c.setVisible(true);
        }

Of course, this would be enough if our bugs had anything to
resemble [un]happiness. So before you can have a happiness graph, you
kinda need to define/implement it at the bug level.

Gabriel