MASON-INTEREST-L Archives

June 2015

Sender:
Date:
Mon, 29 Jun 2015 16:08:44 -0400
From:
Eric 'Siggy' Scott <[log in to unmask]>
Good point about YAML, Mark!  I've been wanting to switch to something like
that for a while.  The really long, dotted parameter names ECJ uses to
denote an object hierarchy work great, but are painful to read.

Just thinking aloud here: I've also been trying to understand the
similarities and differences between using a configuration file/markup
language for parameters and relationships between objects, vs. using an
inversion control framework like Spring
<http://projects.spring.io/spring-framework/>.  Is what Spring does via
annotations and XML files essentially the same thing that ECJ does with
property files?

--

Ph.D student in Computer Science
George Mason University