MASON-INTEREST-L Archives

September 2009

Sender:
Date:
Mon, 7 Sep 2009 03:02:44 -0400
From:
Joerg Hoehne <[log in to unmask]>
Hi Sean,
it looks like my previous message went to the null-device. Here it is again in different words:

1) I've rebuilt MASON without any problems.

2) The balls3d demo works fine, the one from the website and the recent one from the CVS.

3) Rebuilding my code the compiler told me the method
appearanceForColors(Color, Color, Color, Color, Color, float, float) changed to
appearanceForColors(Color, Color, Color, Color, float, float).

4) Now the spheres are displayed shaded (unexpected but not a serious problem).

5) The the CubePortrayal3D objects stay white because the CubePortrayal3D is not inherited from
PrimitivePortrayal3D and the method appearanceForColors(Color, Color, Color, Color, float, float)
is not supported. Is there any reason why only BoxPortrayal3D, ConePortrayal3D,
CylinderPortrayal3D, Shape3DPortrayal3D and SpherePortrayal3D are inherited from
PrimitivePortrayal3D?

Regards,
Jörg