MASON-INTEREST-L Archives

August 2011

Sender:
Date:
Mon, 1 Aug 2011 10:46:57 -0400
From:
You'll need to edit some source, but it's not hard.

One way to do it would be to override doClose() like this:

	    public void doClose()
		{
		pressHideAll();   // hides all the displays
		removeAllInspectors(true);  // kills all the inspectors
		}

... then make Console.pressHideAll() public. I guess we could expose
that method for you if this works.  Then you're responsible for making
the Console visible again later.

The problem with this approach is that the inspectors are killed, not
hidden.  If you want the inspectors to stay around, you'll need to
extract the inspector windows and hide them all (set them to non-
visible), then maintain a list of them so you can make them visible
again when the Console is made visible.  Look at the code for
removeAllInspectors() to see how we find all the inspector windows.

Sean