MASON-INTEREST-L Archives

December 2009

Sender:
Date:
Thu, 3 Dec 2009 10:27:32 +0100
From:
To: MASON Multiagent Simulation Toolkit <[log in to unmask]>
Eesh!  Writing a book is a *lot* of work!  I know: it took me nine
months to write Essentials of Metaheuristics, a book which has few
examples and no assignments and is only 230 pages.  (btw if you've not
seen it, get it at http://cs.gmu.edu/~sean/book/metaheuristics/ )

I dunno.  I mean MASON needs a *manual*, which might be nice to put
out.  But that alone would be a large task.

Then Jack Sexton wrote:

 > From following this list, I can see where MASON is going - in fact,
I have had discussions with faculty about using a game engine for
multiagent simulations.

Do tell!  :-)  No, it's not games.  Though PacMan was fun to write.