MASON-INTEREST-L Archives

August 2009

Sender:
Date:
Thu, 27 Aug 2009 10:07:55 -0400
From:
To: MASON Multiagent Simulation Toolkit <[log in to unmask]>
Java3D's GraphicsContext3D object is creating that bitmap and our PNG is
just saving it out.  The issue is that Java3D's not making a
particularly sophisticated image.  It's mostly doing thresholding to the
nearest object rather than nice smooth images.

Short of figuring out how to make Java3D make better images, we probably
will need to make the images much larger (hence higher resolution), then
scale them down nicely.  You can do this by hand by making the window
MUCH MUCH bigger, say, 4 or 8 times bigger in each direction, and then
taking the picture, saving it as a PNG, then scaling down in a picture
editor.  You'll need to provide MASON with lot more memory. (like
-Xmx400m or something).  I imagine we'd have to figure out how to do
higher resolution images automatically.

Sean