MASON-INTEREST-L Archives

December 2004

Sender:
Date:
Mon, 20 Dec 2004 09:55:38 -0500
From:
Sean Luke <[log in to unmask]>
To: MASON Multiagent Simulation Toolkit <[log in to unmask]>
MASON has no facilities for importing 3D models in and of itself; but
Java3D has 3D import facilities.  It depends on what you want to do.
If by "3D model" you mean "a 3D object that I can use as a symbol
represent a shark when I visualize it, but it doesn't mean anything
internally", Java3D will do that quite nicely.  But if you mean "3D
information for my model", you'll have to figure out how to load the
relevant information and store it in MASON's 3D fields; or make a field
on your own.

Sean