MASON-INTEREST-L Archives

August 2013

Sender:
From:
Russell Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Aug 2013 19:34:07 -0700
Also, if these IntBags are really “artifacts” owned or possessed by
“agents”, they why not create separate objects called Artifacts or
equivalent?

Each artifact would have variable of type Agent to identify it’s owner -- a
single agent.  Each agent would have a bag of “myArtifacts”.  Upon request
from another agent, the owner agent could transferOwnership() of the
requested artifact, removing it from its own myArtifacts bag, and by calling
a method in the artifact object: changeOwner(newAgentID).  The artifact
object could then signal completion of the transaction by calling
addNewArtifact() method in the requesting agent, which would add it to
myArtifacts.