MASON-INTEREST-L Archives

June 2014

Sender:
Date:
Wed, 11 Jun 2014 21:17:14 -0400
From:
Go to town guys!  ColorMap is meant to be extended, and SimpleColorMap is just to provide the most common needs.

As to shape and size, yeah, that needs to be done carefully because shape and size affect not only how the object looks but also how it responds to hit-testing.  Still, MASON's default mechanism for specifying size and other features (like outline) is in desperate need of improvement.  Anyway, if you want to add a variable shape mechanism, such as stars or regular polygons with variable numbers of sides, I'd start by looking at ShapePortrayal2D and maybe subclassing it.

Sean