MASON-INTEREST-L Archives

April 2013

From:
Date:
Tue, 23 Apr 2013 12:19:24 -0400
On Apr 23, 2013, at 12:11 PM, Chris Hollander wrote:

> Are using chat windows directly from mason really the best idea for publications? I would think they're much better off for giving demonstrations and exploring the model. If you want to graph information, wouldn't you be better off just writing the data you want to a file, and then using a "real" plotting system to make the graphs? (Like gnuplot, R with ggplot2, or matplotlib/matlab, etc)

Actually, the chart mechanism was specifically developed to make good looking charts!  That's why it outputs PDF, provides dashing and width in addition to color, and has a white background.  Behold:

So again, I'm cool with changing the default behavior perhaps, but I need to know what you want the default behavior to be *exactly*. Sean