MASON-INTEREST-L Archives

February 2014

From:
Megan Olsen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Feb 2014 16:03:56 -0500
Hi,

I have a question regarding bookkeeping in MASON in terms of the location
of agents, which I didn't find a definitive answer to on the website.

When I ask MASON for a bag of neighbors, is this the bag of neighbors based
on a previous timestep, or does a neighbor who moved to my neighborhood
during this timestep get included? (Since updates are done serially instead
of actually parallelized)

For example, if I have a 2D grid of agents, say it looks like the one below:

xxxxxoxx
xxxxo*ox
xxx#xxxx

In my new time step, the # agent updates first:
xxxxxoxx
xxxxo*ox
xxxxx#xx

And now my * agent is updating second.  Will # count as being in *'s
neighborhood, even though it moved there during the same timestep, so could
be interpretted as "not yet there"?

Thanks,
Megan