HISTPHD-L Archives

January 2020

HISTPHD-L@LISTSERV.GMU.EDU

Date:
Fri, 24 Jan 2020 15:59:18 +0000
From:
Sam Lebovic <[log in to unmask]>
Sender:
HISTPHD-L <[log in to unmask]>
Comments:
To: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]> cc: C Joseph Genetin-Pilawa <[log in to unmask]>
Dear All,

As you may know, the department is running two job searches this semester - the finalists for the first position, in public history, will be visiting campus over the next two weeks.  As part of these visits, we have scheduled time for PhD students to meet with the candidates.  This will provide you with a chance to ask them questions, get to know them a little, and then provide feedback to the search committee.  (I'd also encourage you to attend the job talks and/or teaching demonstrations, details of which will be sent out shortly, along with some information about the finalists)

It is important that a good number of students meet with the candidates, so please make an effort to do so.  It doesn't matter if the subject matter overlaps with your research interests, and you don't need to come to all sessions - your feedback is still important, and your participation very much valued.

All meetings will be held in the dept conference room from 10:30 to 11:45, on the following dates:

1/29 for Chervinsky
2/3 for Anderson
2/5 for Tayac

Please reply to this email letting me know what sessions you can attend.  Many thanks in advance for your willingness to help out with this,

All best,
Sam